Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, At affordable rates
BHS 210 – Intro to Epidemiology
Please answer the following questions with at least 1 reference for each question. References can be used more than once.
Q1. Factors that Influence the Occurrence of Disease –
You have been asked to investigate an outbreak of a disease in a restaurant. Discuss what factors you will examine to determine the occurrence of the outbreak.
Q2. The Importance of Morbidity and Mortality
1. Go to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s Solve the Outbreak application at https://www.cdc.gov/mobile/applications/sto/web-app.html
2. Select “Level 1” outbreaks.
3. Choose one of the 12 outbreaks to solve and select “Start”.
4. Read the “Your Mission” and select “I accept this mission.”
5. Review each clue in the investigation and answer the questions correctly to solve the outbreak.
1. Identify the outbreak you had chosen to solve.
2. Discussed how you rate as a disease detective based on points earned in the game?
3. Discuss what factors you examined to determine the occurrence of the outbreak.
Q3. Epidemiology and Public Health Surveillance
Make sure to review the E-learning course – Introduction to public health surveillance presentation.
1. The Introduction to public health surveillance presentation identified 7 uses of public health surveillance. Identify two uses that relate to epidemiology of diseases.
2. Discuss descriptive epidemiology aspect of disease surveillance.
3. Discuss the three main observational study designs, if you are to conduct an observational study of a population grouped into smokers and non-smokers. Which of the three main study designs would you use and why? Please provide in-text citation(s) to support your point of view.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (n.d). E-learning course – Introduction to public health surveillance. https://www.cdc.gov/publichealth101/documents/introduction-to-surveillance.pdf
Q4 -Common Risk Factors of Chronic Diseases
Twin brothers living in the same household have almost the same lifestyle. They eat the same food, exercise five times a week, and meditate regularly. However, the younger twin learned recently that he has been diagnosed with lung disease. Based on your readings and research so far, what could have contributed to this diagnosis? Provide in-text citation(s) to support your explanation.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). (2019, October 23). About Chronic Diseases. https://www.cdc.gov/chronicdisease/about/index.htm#:~:text=Chronic%20diseases%20are%20defined%20broadly,disability%20in%20the%20United%20States
Mayo Clinic. (2020). Infectious diseases. Retrieved from https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/infectious-diseases/home/ovc-20168649