Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, At affordable rates
Let’s start with the fact that the stress response has an important evolutionary function. It keeps you safe! All stressors, either positive or negative, elicit the stress response. Unfortunately, increased stress has been linked to both mental health challenges and many of the leading causes of death you just studied. Some of the stressors we experience are beyond our control (for example pandemics), while others may result from our own choices.
Watch and read the following materials to better understand how our evolutionary and adaptive stress response is mismatched with modern living.
Sympathetic Nervous System: Crash Course A&P #14 – YouTube (Links to an external site.)
2. Outsmarting_our_primitive_resp.pdf Download Outsmarting_our_primitive_resp.pdf
3. https://www.providence.org/news/uf/618911654 (Links to an external site.)
4. 5 tips to manage stress – Mayo Clinic Health System (Links to an external site.)
1. Explain how the sympathetic nervous system carries out the stress response.
2. Give three examples from the materials that highlight this evolutionary response system reacting to modern stressors.
3. Does your phone impact your mental health? If so, how? If not, why not?
4. Do you follow any of the stress management tips identified by the Mayo Clinic, if so which ones? What other stress management strategies do you use?