Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, At affordable rates
For this assignment, students will select an organization/Strategic Business Unit (SBU) to assess and analyze using the knowledge and tools gained throughout the course. Students are given wide latitude in selecting their organization/SBU to examine. Ideally, the selected organization/SBU will engage in the broader healthcare sector in some form or fashion though this is not an absolute requirement. Students may choose to study the organization/SBU that currently employs them, though they should exercise caution in leveraging and/or divulging information that may be proprietary or otherwise sensitive. When in doubt, students should consult with their organizational leadership for guidance on what can be included.
Students will construct their SAMA deliverable using standard APA style/format/citations, and will include the following sections:
• Organization/SBU Introductory Profile (1-2 pages): This is a brief introductory description of both (1) the broader organization and (2) the specific SBU that the student will be analyzing. Note that some organizations are small enough to be considered SBUs in their own right (without parent organizations) and will not need to include a description of a parent organization. If the SBU is part of a larger organization, it is important that students demonstrate an understanding of the broader corporate forces at work (e.g. the need to align the SBU mission/vision with the corporate center mission/vision, etc.) While there are no elements that are specifically required in this section, students may wish to include things such as location, age, market served, status as for-profit or not-for-profit, etc. See Chapter 1.
• SWOT Analysis (2-3 pages): Review the appendix on page 89 of the textbook and provide a written sub-section for each of the four elements. This should be focused at the SBU-level. Note that it is acceptable to use bullet points here, but that students are expected to provide some description for each of their bulleted points (e.g. going beyond choppy labels like “brand recognition”, etc.). See Chapters 2-5.
• Assessment of Strategic Tools (1-2 pages): In this section, students will either (1) critically assess the relative strength or weakness of an existing set of SBU-level mission/vision/values/objectives statements, or (2) develop and propose a new set SBU-level mission/vision/values/objectives. See Chapter 6.
• Strategic Proposal (2-4 pages): In this section, students will (1) propose one strategic initiative for the SBU to implement, (2) discuss factors to consider during the implementation process, and (3) potential approaches to monitor/fine-tune/adjust the strategy. See Chapters 7-10, 16.
The Professor will score the deliverable using a rubric, with a total of 100 possible points allocated as follows:
• Organization/SBU Introductory Profile (10 points)
• SWOT Analysis (25 points)
• Assessment of Strategic Tools (25 points)
• Strategic Proposal (25 points)
• Writing/Mechanics/Adherence to Assignment Instructions (15 points)