Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, At affordable rates
Vanderbilt University School of Nursing seeks to matriculate students with an array of life experiences and the potential to provide significant contributions to the nursing profession. We believe a diverse learning community fosters the development of exceptional leaders, educators, clinicians, informaticists, and researchers. A holistic approach is used to evaluate each candidate based on academic performance, professional goals, personal characteristics, leadership potential, commitment to service, and support of diversity, inclusion, and equity.
Question should be answered in 100-250 words. Scholarly writing will be assessed and content will be used in the overall evaluation of your responses.
1. Describe how your personal qualities and personal and/or professional experiences have contributed to your academic success. Explain how they will contribute to your success in our rigorous graduate nursing program and a career in nursing. Include challenges or obstacles you have overcome.
1. Graduated High School in June 2013 and began working as a pharmacy technician in Nov 2013-Present
2. Shortly after becoming nationally certified in the pharmacy in June 2016 I decided to further my education and career path and went to college in the Fall 2017. At the time I didn’t know what career I was going to pursue but I knew biology was my main focus and intended interest
3. I was placed on academic probation in the spring 2018 due to failing an English course (F) but regained good academic standing in the fall 2018
4. After graduating with an overall GPA of 2.75 I transferred to William Paterson to pursue my bachelors degree with a strong drive to become a Nurse Practitioner and to achieve high grades.
5. At WP I got accepted into 2 honor societies for academic excellence and first generation student.
6. I will be soon graduating this Dec 2022 with a BS degree. At the moment my overall GPA is a 3.092 and after this semester concludes I will have at the highest a 3.2 overall.
7. I chose a direct-entry MSN program to become a NP because all other MSN programs require either a BSN degree, RN license or an Associate in Nursing degree and Bachelor degree in another field to get admitted which I don’t posses any of those. I only received an Associate in Science and soon Bachelor in Science with no nursing background or RN license.
8. I chose NP route over PA route because as a NP I can work independently without the supervision of a physician and focus on health treatment plans that value individual patients and families rather than a PA who focuses on the biologic aspects of diagnosing and treating diseases.
• Anatomy and Physiology I: B+
• Anatomy and Physiology II with lab: In-Progress (Fall 2022)
• Microbiology: C- (Retake In-Progress Fall 2022)
• Nutrition: In-Progress (Fall 2022)
• Human Growth & Development: A
• Statistics: A
• General Chemistry I & II: A